Thursday, June 14

Kaleidoscope - 1967 - Tangerine Dream

Kaleidoscope - Tangerine Dream
Kaleidoscope: "Tangerine Dream"
Fontana, 1967 (Psych-pop)

Sample Song: "Kaleidoscope"


DOWNLOAD, (80.7MB)

Although there are a few other bands that possessed this name at one point, this is the UK gathering of the band. To keep this short, this album is one of my all time favorites. That is how much it means to me. My iPod reports 900+ plays to this album alone. Fairy-tale lyrics and dreamy chords surround the listener in a warm position that will be kept throughout the album. Each song takes you on a spacey journey throughout time and the earth, while keeping you at attention in your seat. These folky pop ballads have aged so well. Peter Daltrey, the leader of the band, is still active to this day, and keeps up a myspace page. After Kaleidoscope dissolved due to label issues, the band renamed themselves Fairfield Parlour, and recorded an album, which stayed along the original concept.

15 comments:

Ittai said...

Great review of this album and band. I've been a huge fan of theirs since I discovered them a couple of years ago.

I'm enjoying your blog, thanks for introducing me to more great music :D

Anonymous said...

I've listed to this a hundred times since downloading it last week. Absolutely incredible. Any chance you can post the Fairfield Parlour album?

John H. said...

yes, i can post the Fairfield Parlour album for sure. i will do that within the next few days or so. thanks for reading :)

M. Lieberman said...

I adore this album! Thanks so much...this is the blog I've been dreaming about.

Anonymous said...

wow, wonderful tunes; I'm looking for this for sooo long... but unfortunately this link doesn't work... hopefully you can up-load it once more? thanks in advance!

John Hinkle said...

Re-uploaded!

Sorry it was down in the first place. Shouldn't have happened, but it was because I had uploaded it to a different site while divshare was having problems, and I never got around to putting it on divshare.

Anonymous said...

Now playing: Tangerine Dream. It's earcandy ;-) Thanks a million, John!

Anonymous said...

thank you!!!!

good job here!

eleonora

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've looked everywhere for this album and can't find it anywhere, it would be very kind of you if you post it to me or leave a link to a torrent or something!
My emailadress is jacob.agder@hotmail.com
thank you!

Anonymous said...

BIG THANX!! TERRIFIC SHARES

Eddie Z. said...

Thank you so very much;

I have been looking for this album for a little over a year and accidentally stumbled on your site; which just happened to have that album!

So again, thank you! and I look forward to hearing more of your selection, you've got an exceptional taste =D

John Hinkle said...

Thanks, Eddie. It's been a long time since I've been able to update the blog, and I'm glad people are still coming here even though it's been like 2 years. I PROMISE all of you that I'll get back to updating it in the future. It's been a weird couple of years and it's just been impossible for me to update for various reasons, so I apologize for that. But I'll be back!

Elliot Knapp said...

Wow, 900 plays! Love this album too--just reviewed it on my music blog.

pay per head call center said...

hello I like a lot your blog, has very good information. thanks by sharing this information

Galahad said...

Oh, what is the password for the .rar?